The purpose of the SENY Website shall be:
- To carry the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers, members of the fellowship, professionals and the general public.
- To serve as a communications tool within the SENY area by providing information about area activities and events.
- To further general service participation within the fellowship by serving as an exchange for information about opportunities for involvement in SENY area activities.
The SENY Website shall be made readily accessible:
- By "keeping it simple" and constructing the site in such a manner that it be available for viewing by anyone who accesses it through the Internet. Any hint of preferences for specific systems, browsers, or the like should be absent, and the use of multimedia and extensive graphics should be avoided.
- By making an effort to provide access to the site in languages in addition to English.
In the spirit of non-affiliation with entities outside AA, the SENY Web site shall maintain external links to:
- The AAWS and AA Grapevine sites, official intergroup and/or central office websites and telephone numbers and county service events* within the SENY area only.
- Other AA entities only as specifically approved by the SENY Website Committee.‡
- No other kinds of links or address listings of any kind shall be provided unless specifically approved by the SENY Website Committee.‡
- On the Bulletin Board, users will be allowed to embed links to other sites in postings if they conform to SENY's BBS Use and Management Guidelines.†
In the spirit of self-support, the SENY Web site shall be financed and maintained:
- By contributions from the AA groups and AA entities within the SENY area.
- By operating within guidelines established and reviewed by the SENY Area Committee.
The AA principle of anonymity as it
applies to other forms of media should be extended to the World Wide
Web, and to that end the SENY Web site shall:
- Include no
recognizable photographs of AA members, no full names of members, no personal
member telephone numbers, and no personal member e-mail addresses.**
- Maintain the posthumous anonymity of AA members by
adhering to the above guidelines.**
The SENY Web site shall include a
disclaimer recognizing that it is neither endorsed nor approved by AAWS
and that all references to AA, AA literature, and the Grapevine are to
* Item Revised, 9/11/06
† Approved, SENY Assembly, 4/6/08